Pokemon DPPt Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pokemon DPPt Forums

Play Online With Fellow Pokemon Fans!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    
Forum
Latest topics
» Christian Louboutin Evening Shoe
Guide to being a top pokemon trainer Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 pm by nieluda

» Louboutin booties outlet
Guide to being a top pokemon trainer Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 8:49 pm by nieluda

» Christian Louboutin Sale
Guide to being a top pokemon trainer Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 8:48 pm by nieluda

» hermes Handtaschen Online-Verkauf
Guide to being a top pokemon trainer Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 10:49 pm by nieluda

» Hermes Plume
Guide to being a top pokemon trainer Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 10:48 pm by nieluda

» gucci sunglasses cheap for sale
Guide to being a top pokemon trainer Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 10:47 pm by nieluda

» Prada Belts
Guide to being a top pokemon trainer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 9:16 pm by nieluda

» gucci neuen Handtaschen verkaufen
Guide to being a top pokemon trainer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 9:14 pm by nieluda

» Gucci Belt For Sale
Guide to being a top pokemon trainer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 9:13 pm by nieluda

Poll

Guide to being a top pokemon trainer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ۑķåřæ
Admin
ۑķåřæ

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Characters
Cave:
CaveGuide to being a top pokemon trainer Empty
Guide to being a top pokemon trainer EmptyRutan

Forest:
ForestGuide to being a top pokemon trainer Empty
Guide to being a top pokemon trainer EmptyHika

Guide to being a top pokemon trainer Empty
PostSubject: Guide to being a top pokemon trainer   Guide to being a top pokemon trainer Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 2:36 pm

ok, i know this thread was posted on friendcodes.com first, but i thought i might put it here too.
if anyone is mad about this, keep it to yourself otherwise if you post it on this thread, you will be banned and the comment will be deleted.

Ok, this thread is here so that people will hopefully become better at Pokemon and enjoy it alot more. Have you lost to somone better then you? Do you not understand why? Do you want to be better? Clicking into this thread was your first step. I am going to go over EVERYTHING, you need to be a good pokemon Breeder/Trainer, First off lets start with the basics.

Ivs. What they are and why you want them

I.V.s or Individual Values, are what set pokemon apart from each other. Any one Pokemon gets anywhere from 0 (being the lowest)- 31 (being the highest) bonus stats in each stat. Now if you want your Pokemon to be the best they can be, then you need to breed.

Breeding and The Tricks of the Trade:

When you breed a Pokemon, you have a chance to pass the Ivs of the Both Parents, onto the baby pokemon, also Breeding with a Ditto, if you put a Everstone on it, it has a greater chance of passing the nature it has onto the pokemon you are breeding. Another trick is to have a Pokemon with Magma Armor or Flame Body in your party, to make the pokemon hatch 50% Faster then normal, I use macargo but there are many others. Also Some pokemon have moves that can only be gotten through breeding and as such, making them more worth it to breed, a Male Pokemon with any give egg move can pass down its egg move to the children it produces, also you can get egg move pokemon by breeding the pokemon you want with a egg move (female) and the pokemon of the same egg group with the wanted move (male) and breeding them.

Natures and the wonders they do:
ok, So every pokemon has a nature and it effects its stats in a HUGE way, on average, its a bonus of 20-30 Stat points in the given stats of a pokemon. Each nature is diffrent and when combined with good ivs makes for a wicked pokemon all together, here is the list of every nature and what stats it effects:
Adamant : + Attack - Sp Attack
Bashful : No Effect
Bold : - Attack + Defense
Brave : + Attack -Speed
Calm : - Attack + Sp Defense
Careful : -Sp Attack +Sp Defense
Docile : No Effect
Gentle : - Defense + Sp Defense
Hardy : No Effect
Hasty : - Defense + Speed
Impish : + Defense -Sp Attack
Jolly : + Speed -Sp Attack
Lax : + Defense - Sp Defense
Lonely : + Attack - Defense
Mild : - Defense + Sp Attack
Modest : - Attack + Sp Attack
Naive : - Sp Defense + Speed
Naughty : + Attack - Sp Defense
Quiet : + Sp Attack - Speed
Quirky : No Effect
Rash : Sp Attack - Sp Defense
Relaxed : + Defense -Speed
Sassy : + Sp Defense -Speed
Serious:No effect
Timid : - Attack + Speed

Min-Maxing:
Ok, now the Idea behind min-maxing is to have as few Weak points as possible and as many Strong points as you can have. For example I have a Bronzong, now then Bronzong, much like most pokemon has 2 Possible abilities
Levitate or Heatproof, now with heatproof, I get 50% less Fire Damage but with Levitate, I have 100% less Ground Damage and as I Love to wall Garchump at every possible chance, I prefer levitate, next was choosing the nature I wanted, well, there are many great natures for a Pokemon, and choosing one is the hardest part, Lucky I collect shinies and mine was Limited to three possible natures, I choose Relaxed (+ Defense -Speed), but as many where cought and I got to pick only one, I took it over the Bold (- Attack + Defense) and Naughty (+ Attack - Sp Defense) Ones that where also offered to me. Here is why: With some simple research on the pokemon I found that bronzongs base attack is higher then its base Sp Attack, So Bold was not the best choice, I also found that it had horrible Speed, and since - Sp defense is not what I would want for a "Wall" pokemon (see next section for more info), I decided on the Relaxed (+ Defense - Speed) Shiny Bronzor, wich is now one of my favorite pokemon. Now then, Relaxed was a great nature because it adds to my defense (Helping me Wall Garchump better) and takes my Low speed even lower (Boosting the Power of the Move Gyro Ball Surprised!) and it had the choice nature of Relaxed, but if I where to go for a non Shiny one my second choice would be sassy (+ Sp Defense - Speed) as it helps cover fire weakness due to lack of Fire Proof, but with so many pokemon with fire punch/fang, who knows...anyways what I did with bronzong was Max its Strong Points ( Defense) and Gave it as few weak poits as possible (by taking away from its low speed), you should do the same for EVERY POKEMON IN YOUR TEAM. If you combine great Ivs and a Great nature you have a winning pokemon and will win more battles then if you didnt.

The Battle Plan:

When ever you make a team, you must look and see if this team can win and if it can, how so? What is its strong points and what are its flaws? I find the best types of Pokemon fit into one of these categories:

Sweeper-A Pokemon with 252 Evs in Attack/Sp Attack and Speed These are the most common among types you will see and one of the most effective, Being faster then most pokemon is a big deal and being able to back it up with a huge hit is handy aswell. Only Problem is due to no Defense/Sp Defense/Hp Evs they tend not to be able to take more then one or 2 hits.(Item of choice: Choice Band/Specs/Skarf or Focus Sash)

Wall-A Pokemon with 252 Evs in Defense/Sp Defense and HP
These pokemon are made to take ether one kind of hit very well or both kinds of hits well, with nice defenses and a Recovery Move (if you can swing it) can make it so while one pokemon is trying to sweep you, you can sit back and give a status (poison is the best, but everyone has the choice) or hit with a move that has fixed Damage like Night Shade or Seismic toss to widdle the Hp away.

Everything in between:
Some pokemon have mixed between wall and sweeper, like a slow pokemon that wont be fast even with 252 Evs in speed but have a nice attack stat or somthing worth using, well with low speed, it could be great for a move like Trick Room or a Fast move like Quik Attack/Extreme Speed, or maybe just strong enough where it doesnt matter, there are many kinds of pokemon and its up to you to figgure out what is your play style and what you think is the best for you.

Wow, Wow, Wow, Slow down, Evs? What is a EV?

Well, a Ev or Effort Value is what makes training pokemon matter, when you fight ANY pokemon in the game, you get 1-4 Effort Value Points when you defeat it, Everything from the lowly Bidoof, to the Mighty Palkia, Gives you a effort value when you defeat it (Dont kill Palkia, catch it! xD), and each one is diffrent, but because I dont feal like listing the Evs of more then 400 pokemon, here are the best spots I have found to Ev train at:
HP: Route 212 East, Surf : Wooper +1 Hp Ev each, 90% Encounter Rate
Route 212 East, Surf : Quaqsire +2 Hp Ev each, 10% Encounter Rate
Route 201 All, : Bidoof +1 Hp Ev each, 50% Encounter Rate

Attack: Route 229, Super Rod, Gyrados +2 Attack Evs each, 100% Encounter Rate
Route 212 North, Kricketune 60% Encounter Rate

Defense: Ruin Manic Tunnel/Cave/Extension, Geodude + 1 Defense Ev Each, Enounter Rate 80%/95%/90%
Pokemon League and Route 224, Surf, Pelipper +2 Defense Evs Each, 65% Encounter Rate

Speed: Route 227 & 228 Poliwhirl+ 2 Speed Each, 70% Encounter Rate
Old Rod in Any Water, Magikarp + 1 Speed each 100% Encounter Rate
Route 201, Starly + 1 Speed Each 50% Encounter Rate

Sp Attack: Old Chateau Gastly, + 1 Sp Attack Each, 100% Encounter Rate
Resort Area, Surf, Golduck, + 2 Sp Attack Each, 100% Encounter Rate

Sp Defense: Route 223 & Sunny Shore City, Surf, Tentacruel, 60% Encounter Rate

ANY POKEMON MAY HAVE 510 EVS, For each 4 Evs, it will give you ONE extra Stat Point at Level 100! Any one stat may have up to 255 Evs in them, but 252 is the max Stat gain, then you have 4 Left for one extra Point on a 252/252 Spread!

Wait, your Saying I have to fight 252 Pokemon just to max one Stat!?!?! *Quits Pokemon*

WAIT! Dont Quit Just yet, there are many ways to speed up the ev training process! Here are all the tricks of the trade you need to ev train your pokemon as fast as possible.
PKRS: PKRS or Poke-Virus, Doubles the amount of ev's your pokemon gain, flat out, getting it is all up to chance but most people are nice enough to give it to you in a trade, I personally dont use it though as after it looses PKRS, it gets a frowny face, it doesnt effect you at all, but who the heck wants a frowny face on there Pokemon? Makes me feal dirty xD

Ev Training Items AKA the Power Items! In the Battle Tower you can buy a Battle Item known as one of the following, Each one gives 4 Evs of the Stat Stated:
Power Bracer: + 4 Attack Evs per Pokemon defeated while holding it
Power Lens: + 4 Sp Attack Evs Per Pokemon defeated while holding it
Power Anklet : + 4 Speed Evs Per Pokemon defeated while holding it
Power Belt: + 4 Defense Evs Per Pokemon defeated while holding it
Power Band: + 4 Sp Defense Evs Per Pokemon defeated while holding it
Power Weight: + 4 Hp Evs Per Pokemon defeated while holding it

------------------------------

The items and what they do

Choice Band:

Boosts Attack by x1.5, but only allows the use of one attack until the Pokémon is called back

Battle Park (48 Battle Points)

Choice Scarf:

Raises Speed by x1.5, but only allows the use of one attack until the Pokémon is called back

Battle Park (48 Battle Poitns)
---------------------------------

Choice Specs:

Raises Sp. Attack by x1.5, but only allows the use of one attack until the Pokémon is called back

Celestic Town (4:00am - 9:59am)

---------------------------------

Leftovers:

Heals HP by 1/16th each turn

Victory Road
Wild Munchlax
Pickup Ability

----------------------------------------------

Shell Bell:

User restores 1/8th of maximum HP when damage is inflicted onto the opponent

Hearthome City

------------------------------------

That's just about everything covered that you need for battling!

Congrats, you're no longer a n00b! Razz

Last edited by aipomguy on Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://pokemon-dppt.forumotion.com
shaks101

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: wow   Guide to being a top pokemon trainer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 5:15 am

superb guide aipom,the natures guide came in real handy!!!
Back to top Go down
ۑķåřæ
Admin
ۑķåřæ

Characters
Cave:

Forest:

PostSubject: Re: Guide to being a top pokemon trainer   Guide to being a top pokemon trainer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 5:47 am

shaks101 wrote:
superb guide aipom,the natures guide came in real handy!!!

wow thanks lol but pokeguy308 should get all the credit, its his guide! but yeh i put it on here too lol so thanks!
Back to top Go down
ۑķåřæ
Admin
ۑķåřæ

Characters
Cave:

Forest:

PostSubject: Re: Guide to being a top pokemon trainer   Guide to being a top pokemon trainer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:17 am

This list has been edited with items and effects
Back to top Go down
chaosrogue

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Guide to being a top pokemon trainer   Guide to being a top pokemon trainer Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 5:42 am

awesome dude
Back to top Go down
<|~Foxy~|>
Teacher
<|~Foxy~|>

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Characters
Cave:

Forest:

PostSubject: Re: Guide to being a top pokemon trainer   Guide to being a top pokemon trainer Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 6:55 pm

aipomguy wrote:
Breeding and The Tricks of the Trade:

When you breed a Pokemon, you have a chance to pass the Ivs of the Both Parents, onto the baby pokemon, also Breeding with a Ditto, if you put a Everstone on Ditto or the female, it has a greater chance of passing the nature it has onto the pokemon you are breeding. Another trick is to have a Pokemon with Magma Armor or Flame Body in your party, to make the pokemon hatch 50% Faster then normal, I use macargo but there are many others. Also Some pokemon have moves that can only be gotten through breeding and as such, making them more worth it to breed, a Male Pokemon with any give egg move can pass down its egg move to the children it produces, also you can get egg move pokemon by breeding the pokemon you want with a egg move (female) and the pokemon of the same egg group with the wanted move (male) and breeding them.

The female can also pass down the desired nature. Also the Everstone nature trick doesn't work with pokemon from two different countries, but I don't know why. All I know is that they don't work.

aipomguy wrote:
The Battle Plan:

When ever you make a team, you must look and see if this team can win and if it can, how so? What is its strong points and what are its flaws? I find the best types of Pokemon fit into one of these categories:

Sweeper-A Pokemon with 252 Evs in Attack/Sp Attack and Speed These are the most common among types you will see and one of the most effective, Being faster then most pokemon is a big deal and being able to back it up with a huge hit is handy aswell. Only Problem is due to no Defense/Sp Defense/Hp Evs they tend not to be able to take more then one or 2 hits.(Item of choice: Choice Band/Specs/Skarf or Focus Sash)

Wall-A Pokemon with 252 Evs in Defense/Sp Defense and HP
These pokemon are made to take ether one kind of hit very well or both kinds of hits well, with nice defenses and a Recovery Move (if you can swing it) can make it so while one pokemon is trying to sweep you, you can sit back and give a status (poison is the best, but everyone has the choice) or hit with a move that has fixed Damage like Night Shade or Seismic toss to widdle the Hp away.

There are more EV spreads than just the 252/252/6 stuff, and pokemon are not limited to them.

There are also more roles than sweepers and walls. There are Clerics, Tanks, and Stallers to name a few.

aipomguy wrote:
PKRS: PKRS or Poke-Virus, Doubles the amount of ev's your pokemon gain, flat out, getting it is all up to chance but most people are nice enough to give it to you in a trade, I personally dont use it though as after it looses PKRS, it gets a frowny face, it doesnt effect you at all, but who the heck wants a frowny face on there Pokemon? Makes me feal dirty xD

Actually the "frowny face" means the pokemon will still get the 2x EV effect, but will not be able to spread it to other pokemon.
Back to top Go down
ۑķåřæ
Admin
ۑķåřæ

Characters
Cave:

Forest:

PostSubject: Re: Guide to being a top pokemon trainer   Guide to being a top pokemon trainer Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:21 am

Wow foxy you know your DOODY!! don't ya? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide to being a top pokemon trainer   Guide to being a top pokemon trainer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guide to being a top pokemon trainer
Page 1 of 1